MORE RWA RESOURCES
Follow your Thought Leaders:
WRITING RESUMES THAT GIVE GRADUATING STUDENTS A COMPETITIVE EDGE
Presenters: Gala Jackson, Dr. Cheryl Minnick & Marie Zimenoff
$69 for program and all materials
Click here to register
Graduating students still face many challenges when entering the job market and landing positions that use their degree, pay a living wage, and offer opportunities for growth. If you work within a university or community college setting, or with graduating students in your private practice, this E-Summit is for you.
During this 2-hour, content-packed session, you will learn strategies for writing resumes that help your students stand out from the crowd. This E-Summit covers:
- How to gather content from minimal experience when working with students who have focused on studies with minimal work or internship experience or have participated in intercollegiate sports, leaving little time for work.
- How to position a non-traditional student in a new field, building on their existing skills and highlighting their recent training to help them start over or land a position that honors their past experience.
- How to uncover and format experience from various sources - classes, volunteering, student leadership, extra-curricular activities, internships, practicums, and more - to build content-rich documents.
- How to write documents that help student resumes pass through applicant tracking systems (ATS) by overcoming a lack of keywords - and other tricks.
- How to help graduating students build virtual resumes on various social and web platforms.
- How to determine when a designer or infographic resume is appropriate and examples you or your students can use to build effective visual resumes.
We'll also be talking briefly about the job search process for this audience and how they can jump start their search with just a few simple steps. The 30+ pages of handouts include more than 15 sample resumes and links to resources that can help you take your resumes from elementary to outstanding!
Now, here are the specifics:
This program is offered via MP3 audio recording, and each attendee will receive the audio recording link, so you can listen - over and over - whenever you wish.
Cost: $69 (includes program and all materials)
Click Here to Register
Return to E-Summit Page
Back to top