Presented by Cheryl Minnick & Marie Zimenoff
Thursday, September 10, 2020, from 12:00 to 2:00 PM US ET
Access to Live Session AND Recording with Purchase
Graduating students face many more challenges than ever before when entering the job market and landing positions that use their degree, pay a living wage, and offer opportunities for growth. If you work within a university or community college setting, or with graduating students in your private practice, this E-Summit is for you.
During this 2-hour, content-packed session, you will learn strategies for writing resumes that help your students stand out from the crowd. This E-Summit covers:
- How to gather content from minimal experience when working with students who have focused on studies with minimal work or internship experience or have participated in intercollegiate sports, leaving little time for work.
- How to handle short-term positions for recent graduates, rescinded internships or positions, gaps, and other stops and starts caused by COVID.
- How to uncover and format experience from various sources - classes, volunteering, student leadership, extra-curricular activities, internships, practicums, and more - to build content-rich documents.
- How to write documents that help student resumes pass through applicant tracking systems (ATS) by overcoming a lack of keywords - and other tricks.
- How to help graduating students build virtual resumes on various social and web platforms.
- How to determine when a designer or infographic resume is appropriate and examples you or your students can use to build effective visual resumes.
We'll also be talking briefly about the job search process for this audience and how they can jump start their search with just a few simple steps. The 30+ pages of handouts include more than 15 sample resumes and links to resources that can help you take your resumes from elementary to outstanding!
LIVE & RECORDING: Live webinar AND webinar recording - join us live on September 10 from 12:00 to 2:00 PM US ET and listen/watch any time you want and as often as you want
RESOURCES: Samples, ATS best practices, and more
Session qualifies for 2 CEUs.
About the Presenters
Cheryl has 3-decades' higher education experience on 4 college campuses. Holding a masters and doctorate in counseling (careers) and 5 industry credentials, her research is published in academic journals, resume samples in nearly a dozen industry books, and keen counsel shared on AOLJobs, Voice America Radio, CareerSparx and Resume Writer's Digest. When not on campus advising students, she is helping advance careers of mid-level and C-suite executives via her boutique career consulting business, the Paper Trail.
As CEO of Career Thought Leaders Consortium, Marie Zimenoff merges vision and best practice training to elevate the careers industry worldwide. She trains career professionals around the globe in resume writing, career coaching, and business development and is a frequent presenter at national conferences, including NCDA. Marie holds her MEd in Counseling and Career Development from Colorado State University and numerous resume writing, coaching, and branding certifications. She served as President of the Colorado Career Development Association (2010–2011) and is among a select group of graduates from the National Career Development Association Leadership Academy.