Have you hesitated to write federal resumes? Think they’re boring? Too complex? Learn how to break the code from a Federal HR expert!
On any given day, nearly 10,000 jobs are posted on USAJOBS! More
than 2 million people work for the federal government, not including the Postal
Service or active-duty military. The vast majority—about 79%—work outside the
The federal government is one of the few employers that still offers traditional benefits—health insurance, vacation and sick time, and a pension, to name just a few.
WHY IS RWA THE FEDERAL RESUME TRAINING FOR YOU?
Helping a client apply for a position with the federal government is much different than applying for a position in the private sector. Most federal positions are posted on USAJOBS (USAJOBS.gov) and require that applicants apply through the system. It is important that federal resume writers understand how the system works so they can properly advise their clients.
The program materials include handouts, worksheets, and more for your use with clients.
Registration: $2195 or 3 payments of $735. Group discounts available - email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Need to move at your own pace? Self-paced students get all the same information, access to instructors, feedback, and resources!
Benefits for ACRW-FEDERAL Graduates
We do not guarantee employment but will continually provide graduates with leads from resume companies, outplacement firms, and others who need great writers TODAY!
We are always here to answer your questions and work with you one-on-one to reach your resume-writing goals! Feel free to contact us at any time.
Set up a time to talk with Resume Writing Academy CEO Marie Zimenoff to get answers to your questions!
Meet Your Instructor
Nancy Segal has more than 30 years of Human Resources experience with the Federal government. Her federal career includes serving as Personnel Officer, Deputy Regional Administrator, and Special Assistant; she worked for the Department of Defense, the U.S. Treasury, and other government agencies.
Today, Nancy uses her expertise to coach applicants and career service providers on the federal job process, how to analyze and interpret Federal vacancy announcements, and how to respond to the occupational questionnaires. From entry level through Senior Executive Service (SES), Nancy works closely with job seekers to prepare detailed, thorough, fact filled, and well written job applications. She is frequently invited to speak about the federal job search and application process.
Nancy also serves as an instructor for multiple government agencies and conducts training on various human resources, EEO, management, and leadership topics, inc
luding Using USAJOBS Effectively, Creating a Federal Resume, and Developing a Senior Executive Service Package.
Nancy is the author of The Complete Guide to Writing a Federal Resume, The Complete Guide to Interviewing for a Federal Job, and The Complete Guide to Making a Federal Career Transition. She has a weekly career blog on FEDweek.com, distributed to 800,000 subscribers around the world. She has been interviewed by FedNewsRadio, and has spoken at several industry conferences. Nancy holds a Master’s degree in Human and Labor Relations and a second Master’s degree in Public Administration. Her undergraduate degree is in history.
Why choose rwa?
Here are the top 6 reasons professionals from universities, community colleges, military transition centers, and in private practice choose Resume Writing Academy:
1. We've been training resume writers for more than 13 years. You'll benefit from proven virtual training techniques and get access to resources to stay aligned with current trends.
2. From grammar to federal hiring systems and strategy, you'll learn everything you need to stand out as an expert in the field.
3. You'll receive personalized feedback on quizzes and writing assignments from top writers in the field. It is one thing to learn concepts and see examples, it is much richer and more meaningful to receive expert, in-depth reviews of your work.
4. You get a great value as there are no renewal fees or membership required! Once you complete this comprehensive program, there's no continuing education requirement.
5. You can complete the training on your schedule or within a group webclass. No matter which option you choose, you'll have access to individual support and interaction with the ACRW community.
6. You'll join a community of graduates and students on 5 continents. The program teaches best practices in writing that work in all areas of the globe.